On the Ballet Beat…
Sharing my thoughts on ballet, a lifetime passion, including an inside peek at the professional, and “unprofessional” ballet world, past and present. (Sometimes other dance too)!
- Omg - the one night I wasn't there! Unbelieveable! And then, after false alarm, the show went on... 👍🏻 twitter.com/wperrondancema… 1 day ago
- Was watching this the other night & kept saying, how do I know this woman? I searched web & discovered it was Irina… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- “From the Horse’s Mouth” at Theatre at the 14th Street Y. More events via @goingson newyorker.com/goings-on-abou… 4 days ago
- Worth reading-brilliant insight! At City Ballet’s Season Opener, Dancers Like Greyhounds Unleashed, via @nytimes nytimes.com/2017/04/19/art… 6 days ago
- Rd @SevinCeviker 6th blog from China on @BroadwayWorld - a life changing experience china.broadwayworld.com/archives/1086 @fjkdance #China #Dance 6 days ago
- GO PRO TECHNOLOGY MEETS MODERN DANCE
- ‘Dance on the Lawn’ – Community Dance Festival Sets Standard
- “BAD BOYS OF BALLET” RETURN AUGUST 26 TO AMERICA’S GOT TALENT
- TAP DANCE SCHOLARSHIP CHANGES YOUNG LIVES
- DOES BALLET CLASS HAVE AN AGE LIMIT?
- SOME DANCE WISHES FOR THE NEW YEAR
- American Dance Guild Festival 2013: Modern Dance “Cross-Pollination,” Nov. 8-10
- Book Review: How They Became Famous Dancers – A Dancing History April 26, 2017by Catherine L. Tully This lovely book was sent to us by Anne Dunkin (the author) for review, and it’s easy to recommend. Dunkin has assembled a very interesting resource that would serve as a great tool for those teaching middle school, or even to have on hand at a dance studio library. It’s also […]4dancers
- Day-To-Day Life As A Professional Ballerina April 9, 2017by Sharon Wehner As a professional ballet dancer, I often get questions from non-dancers about what a work day/week/month looks like. This is usually followed by a look of surprise when I say that I dance 6-9 hours a day, 5-6 days per week, an average of 45 weeks a year. b35 of those weeks […]4dancers
- CD Review: Music for Ballet Class Volume Three by Charles Mathews March 31, 2017Music for Ballet Class Volume Three by Charles Mathews Charles Mathews by Rachel Hellwig If listening to a ballet class CD makes you want to get up and jeté, that’s a good sign (though perhaps inconvenient if you’re sitting in bookstore café.) This album is definitely going on my iPod for home practice. It has […]Rachel Hellwig
- The Royal Ballet in Jewels: a photo gallery April 27, 2017Of Balanchine’s three Jewels, we find Emeralds the most subtly stylish: those floating bourrées, the Giselle-like balances, the chic intricate patterns. True, it doesn’t seem... The post The Royal Ballet in Jewels: a photo gallery appeared first on The Ballet Bag.
- A Day in the Life of a Young Choreographer April 10, 2017Myles Thatcher, the young choreographer who in 2014 won a mentorship under Alexei Ratmansky (through the Rolex Mentor & Protégé Arts Initiative), continues to make waves... The post A Day in the Life of a Young Choreographer appeared first on The Ballet Bag.
- (43) Rebecca & Michael: A Dancer Dies Twice April 24, 2017This week Rebecca and Michael wanted to take an opportunity to discuss retirement from the stage. On April 9th Michael performed for the last time on a Miami City Ballet stage, closing out a more than decade long career with the company. Today Rebecca catches up with Michael to talk about how he made his […] The post (43) Rebecca & Michael: A Dancer Di […]Rebecca King
- (42) Joaquin De Luz, Principal Dancer with The New York City Ballet April 17, 2017This week we are pleased to welcome, Joaquin De Luz, Principal Dancer with The New York City Ballet. Joaquin was born in Spain and recieved his training at the Victor Ullate School of Ballet. In August 1996 he came to the US and joined the Pennsylvania Ballet as a soloist and a year later he […] The post (42) Joaquin De Luz, Principal Dancer with The New Y […]Rebecca King
- Ballet News Reviews | The Food Medic April 30, 2017Straight up : the first thing I need to say is how much I loved the food medic. It’s refreshingly honest with straightforward myth-busting advice that comes from a qualified doctor and... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]
- Pacific Northwest Ballet Presents Pictures at an Exhibition April 28, 2017Featuring PNB premieres of works by GEORGE BALANCHINE – JEROME ROBBINS – ALEXEI RATMANSKY June 2 – 11, 2017 Marion Oliver McCaw Hall 321 Mercer Street, Seattle Center Seattle, WA 98109 ... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]
- ONLY TWO WEEKS UNTIL THE WORLD PREMIERE OF RWB’S VESPERS April 26, 2017Evelyn Hart Returns to Stage in Layered, Evocative Ballet Choreographed by James Kudelka and scored by Claudio Monteverdi’s “Vespers”, Royal Winnipeg Ballet (RWB)’s Vespers is a dramatic... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]